Two sources of inspiration connect on Wesley

I first saw Roger Nelson perform his play The Man from Aldersgate, about John Wesley, the summer before I moved to New York. It was at a Christians in Theatre Arts Conference in Vancouver, BC. I was inspired on a number of levels: It confirmed my leadings to move to NYC, confirmed that Christians could work in the arts professionally, and specifically inspired me to work more on one-man plays.

Not long after that, Irv Brendlinger, now a professor at my alma mater, George Fox University, hired me for one of my first performances of A Clear Leading. Irv was a great fan of the subject of my play, John Woolman, and his enthusiasm was a real catalyst for getting me to the next level in touring the show.

Now that I'm getting A Clear Leading back on its feet, I was delighted to find that Irv has come out with book about John Wesley!



It's fascinating to me to see all of God's connections out there in the world!

No comments: