Greg Laurie Tells the Rest of the Story Behind Jesus Revolution

Jesus Revolution
is in its fourth week in theaters nationwide, and Intercessors for America ran my introduction to an article telling the rest of the story about his parents...

Lord, thank You that Jesus Revolution is doing better at the box office than many of the films the world is celebrating! Thank You for the story told by Jesus Revolution and the bigger story it didn’t have time to tell. Continue to shift our culture back to You, and may legacy media acknowledge it’s happening!

Jesus Revolution grossed more than four of the films up for Best Picture at the Oscars combined, and Jon Erwin is the first filmmaker in cinematic history to achieve four A+ CinemaScores! During their prayer team’s call on March 3 Greg Laurie read a letter about worship, prayer, and evangelism that broke out in a theater when the film stopped showing after half an hour. He and the host of the prayer call, Kyle Thompson, told many stories of revival breaking out after the film ends. In one case someone was baptized in a fountain outside the theater! Thompson talked about how glad the team is that the film opened after the Asbury Outpouring (the film’s soft opening was within hours of the final public service at Asbury University), so no one can say that the film sparked the Outpouring! On March 10 Michael W. Smith was the guest on their prayer call, and he prayed these lyrics from Zach Reese’s “The More I Seek You” over the prayer team and those seeing Jesus Revolution:

The more I seek you
The more I find you
The more I find you
The more I love you
I want to sit at your feet
Drink from the cup in your hand
Lay back against you and breathe, feel your heart beat
This love is so deep, its more than I can stand
I melt in your peace, its overwhelming

In the article below, Laurie tells the rest of the story about his mom and stepdad, how they were overwhelmed by the Lord’s love so deep…

I released “Pentecost: Beyond the Imagination,” a scene from my one-man play, The Actsat www.RichDrama.com/Pentecost.

No comments: