Tonight's rehearsal for Christmas: A Twitter Reenactment

Here's an excerpt from tonight's rehearsal for our Thursday night performance of Christmas: A Twitter Reenactment.  Read from the bottom up:
 Caspar Gondofarr 
Go. To. Bed. @
 Melchior 
God was the Spirit hovering over the deep, and if we follow that star I believe we will discover God's very Son, come to earth. 
 Melchior 
You can't get more ancient than that! God said, "Let us make mankind in OUR image." God was the Father of all life. 
 Melchior 
Can't sleep. Thinking about what @ said. WAIT! God isn't lonely! The Hebrew scriptures say, "In the beginning..." 
 Caspar Gondofarr 
The Vedas are the oldest scriptures in the world, given to us by the gods. Not just one lonely god who spoke only to Abraham. 
 Caspar Gondofarr 
But don't think you're going to convince me that the Hebrews know more than our ancestors. 
 Caspar Gondofarr 
As you say, my friend. It is good to call this night complete and join poor tired Balthazar in his slumber. 
 Melchior 
I'll tell you in the morning. 
 Melchior 
Sleep on that @
 Caspar Gondofarr 
Well, there aren't any scepters in the skies, my friend, @
 Caspar Gondofarr 
But serious, @ why should the writings of a band of nomads from the West have any bearing on our lives? 
 Melchior 
Oh! I forgot to finish the blessing! This is one of them: "A star shall come out of Jacob, and a scepter shall rise out of Israel."
 Melchior 
It is getting late. Perhaps we should join Balthezar in a snooze.
 Caspar Gondofarr 
Too late. 
 Caspar Gondofarr 
Oh, gods, here we go again. Next he'll be quoting the Torah or the Kethuvim 
 Melchior 
...mouth with blessings.
 Melchior 
This is one of them: "I see him, but not now; I behold him, but not near -- a star shall come out of Jacob, and a scepter shall rise out...
 Melchior 
Judea! I knew it! Moses tells how Baalam was called from our land to curse the Hebrew people, but the God of Israel would only fill his...
 Caspar Gondofarr 
Well, @, it's ah, to the West of us. If I have the coordinates right, somewhere around, eh, Judea. 
 Caspar Gondofarr 
Your ancestor maybe, @.
 Caspar Gondofarr 
@, I have discovered a new star - located to the west of us. A star that appears to not move with the earth. 
 Melchior 
Balthezar is sawing enough logs for us to keep this fire blazing for hours. 
 Melchior 
You go first. Please. Since you have called us together. 
 Melchior 
My favorite tells how our ancestor Abraham cut a covenant with the King of Heaven. 
 Caspar Gondofarr 
Do Tell? Please @, are we going to discuss this Hebrew nonsense again? I have a great discovery to share with you. 
 Melchior 
There are hundreds of prophesies foretelling a coming Messiah.
 Melchior 
Caspar, I've discovered something in the Hebrew writings.
 Caspar Gondofarr 
I believe that I have pinpointed the origin of this new star - which will only encourage @ with his Hebrew nonsense.
 Melchior 
Caspar, I have something to tell you.
 Caspar Gondofarr 
I really wish Balthazar would wake up. He is much help in mediating between myself and @ 
 Caspar Gondofarr 
It always comes down to science vs religion - although with @, they seem to be synonymous. 
 Melchior 
But now I've found something...
 Melchior 
Worshipping rats, trees, wind... that was just, well, chasing the wind.
 Melchior 
That other group carried huge metal houses by hooks that dug into their flesh. Uch!
 Caspar Gondofarr 
I have no idea why he keeps insisting that their stories of Yahweh and our Vendengan studies are related. 
 Melchior 
There was that time I was asked to stand on one foot for 24 hours. That did nothing for me.
 Caspar Gondofarr 
Perhaps I will just discuss it tonight with @, although he will probably start ranting about the Hebrews again
 Melchior 
I tried so many different religions! Maybe all my dead-ends convinced them religion wasn't worth pursuing.
 Melchior 
If only I could convince them that there is more to the world than what you can see or touch. 
 Caspar Gondofarr 
And now Balthazar is dozing off anyways. And we wonder why some think us stodgy and boring. 
 Melchior 
He and Caspar are so dear. I'm glad Caspar has brought us together once again.
 Melchior 
Balthezar makes the best fires.
 Caspar Gondofarr 
I want to tell @ and Balthazar, but I am unsure as to how they will react. Gods know we've not always seen eye to eye 
 Caspar Gondofarr 
Or perhaps it is the conflagration of two or more stars shining brighter than I have seen before. 
 Caspar Gondofarr 
A new celestial being has appeared in the sky over the Western world. 
 Caspar Gondofarr 
I thought I knew everything there was to study about the night sky, but once again the gods laugh at my ignorance. 
 Caspar Gondofarr 
Ah, Balthazar has the fire roaring. Time to relax and unwind with my two good friends. 

No comments: