Andy's Rainbow

Joyce and I were very pleased with the message and production value of the feature film Andy's Rainbow, about a mentally disabled young man and his friendship with a young woman.

When I was in high school a counseling teacher took us to a state mental institution, and after our tour he said to me so that others could hear, "So Swingle, do you still believe in God?" He told me that the residents we had just met could never make a decision to accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior. As a teenager I had no response. If I said anything at all I have no recollection of what it would have been.

My freshman year at George Fox University I heard the story of a young mentally disabled man who led many, many people to the Lord. And since then I've been a part of the baptism of a young woman with Downs Syndrome. I told her how beautiful it was, and she said, "The Holy Spirit was there." I've also performed at Joni and Friends events for campers who are less than whole because we live in a fallen world. The way the Lord speaks in and through them is profound and inspiring!

Jacob Dufour captured the profundity of the Lord witnessing the Gospel to a soul through a broken vessel in a respectful and skilled manner.

[Jesus] said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3

For family considerations, read the Dove review.



For the trailer, click the arrow below, or if you're receiving this via email, visit www.Blog.RichDrama.com.



There are still openings for the 2018 Rocky Mountain Christian Filmmakers Camp.

No comments: