Confessions of a Prodigal Son

Confessions of a Prodigal Son, in which I play a homeless man in LA, was written and produced by Nathan Clarkson, one of my former students. He also plays the lead role! 

Kevin Sorbo (Hurcules, God's Not Dead) plays a pastor, and another former student, Nathan's brother Joel Clarkson, is the composer. Go Clarksons! Also, Nathan wrote a song for the closing credits.

With Nathan Clarkson and Azel James,
who plays the friend of Nathan's
character.
I fed the homeless once a week for about four years, so I have some personal stories that helped my prep. One guy owned a trucking business, but he got hooked on crack and lost the business, his family and his home. Another was drunk every time I saw him. I think that was his normal. I also did my masters thesis at a drug and alcohol recovery center. They were all sober, but they had lots of stories. They all touched me deeply, so I hope my portrayal is respectful.

It is available on DVD and on Amazon Prime.





Christians may want to know:
*College students drinking and doing drugs
*Mention of yoga
*Vandalism
*Mention of hooking up and implication of pre-marital sex
*Some uses of "gosh" could be mistaken for taking the Lord's name in vain

These elements are a a part of telling how the prodigal son "...squandered his property in reckless living."

Check out my other films at .

4 comments:

Cindy Palin said...

Thanks for posting this Rich, I am going to make sure we get to see this. Thank you for your hard work and contribution to this project!

Rich Swingle said...

Super, Cindy! I'm sure you'll love it!

Rich Swingle said...

One of the highlights of this production was that someone broke into my room and stole all my cash and several items while I was asleep. You can hear my report on why that was positive here: Living the Life: Choices series review.

Anonymous said...

I bought and watched it - then I saw the credits and had to "rewind!" Good movie and Great job as a homeless man.
--Alicia Grab
Props Decor & Documentation
Sight and Sound Theatres