He is coming back... one day


This morning the pastor of the church where we'll perform Paradise Lost this afternoon wisely addressed the foolishness of predicting when Christ will return.

After the sermon I told the church how we drove into Israel on May 21, and we thought we might pass over the Jordan River, into the Promised Land and right into the New Jerusalem. But seriously, we did see this billboard in Nazareth. I was surprised to see "Emergency Exit" over the date. I realized that was on the window of our bus! I said it would be great to know a date when we'll have an emergency exit, but no one knows the day or the hour (Matthew 24:36). Until the Lord returns we live in a world of tragedies. I then went on to explain how Horatio Spafford was inspired to write "It Is Well With My Soul" through a series of devastating losses while Dr. Terry and Laurel Ewell and Doris DeLoach played the hymn on bassoon, flute and oboe.

No comments: