That's just like the Lord

Early in the week Timothy Bentch came to me and asked if I could develop a dramatic piece on the theme of embracing the Lord's discipline. Later in the week Pat Kavanaugh, director of the festival called to see if the theatre department had an offering. I had so many details on my mind I'd forgotten to give Timothy's message any real thought, so I asked the students if anyone had anything. Kaelen Zirbel said she did, so I handed my phone to her to give him the details and I went back to the rehearsal. Later I coached Kaelen's piece, which brought in Anna Sewell and Jessica Long. It wasn't until Timothy was well into his sermon that I saw how perfectly their piece fit Timothy's sermon. He thought I'd planned it all along. Of course I gave credit where it was due.

No comments: