Amazing Grace opens February 23

In my play A Clear Leading I tell the story of Quaker abolitionist John Woolman. When I performed the play at Pocklington School, just outside York, England, instructors there told me that William Wilberforce wrote his first anti-slavery essay the year that Woolman visited York.

Wilberforce went on to lead the drive to abolish the slave trade, and that story is told throught the upcoming film, Amazing Grace.

It opens February 23, and I encourage you to see it opening night to cast your vote for more movies like it.

Visit the website, AmazingGraceMovie.com. There is a two-minute trailer, several resources and a Group Sales connection.

I told the youth in Colorado Springs two nights ago that there are 28 million slaves in the world today. I was glad to see from the website's link to the Amazing Change Campaign that the number has gone down by one million since I heard the statistic several years ago. We're moving in the right direction. Click here to be a part of the amazing change.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I'm one of the students that signed up for your blogs and I'm also one of the two students that you told about your program and internships. But then again you probably told numerous others and I might not stick out in your mind, but I'd like to say thank you for sharing your amazing acting with us at FSC and showing God's amazing wonders through your work.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I don't know if you remember me or not, but my name is Stephanie Hillier. I would just like to tell you how great it is that you're sharing your faith with different people all over the world. I continue to pray for you both. Also, I want to thank you for praying for my dad this summer at the territorial school of music and gospel arts. Thanks for doing the enacted prayer too. (again, i don't know if you remember). You really touched my heart that you would pray for someone you don't even know. thank you for the support you gave me that week at Jackson's Point. I'll never forget it. Also, if you would like, could you please e-mail me at... stephy_poo_hillier@hotmail.com
thanks a lot and God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm a 9th grader who is an abolitionist. I'm grateful you're helping educate my generation about God's heart for the oppressed and how we can take our place in history. This is something I care about a lot and speak to students around the nation about. I'm also the student spokesperson for The Amazing Change. One of the things we're trying to do is to get 390,000 signatures on a petition to abolish slavery. Wilberforce was able to do this 200 years ago without technology. I'd appreciate your help. People can sign a hard copy and mail it in (and gather signatures of friends) or they can sign online at www.TheAmazingChange.com.

Freedom.
IS 1:17
Zach.