Enacted Prayer Resources

Last August I introduced Enacted Prayer to the Territorial School of Music and Gospel Arts (Click here for the report). Now they're gearing up for a meeting and are planning to use it! They've requested resources, so I've posted a couple of articles Jeff Barker, the creator of Enacted Prayer, gave me permission to share:

Enacted Prayer by Jeff Barker
Enacted Prayer Workshop by Heidi Friesen (student of Jeff Barker)

Now Jeff has written a book that has a chapter on enacted prayer and an appendix with some coaching for enactors: The Storytelling Church: Adventures in Reclaiming the Role of Story in Worship.

18 comments:

Irene said...

Thank you! This is very useful! I've been trying to describe enacted prayer to my friends!! :D

Rich Swingle said...

I'm going to start listing posts on my blog about enacted prayer as comments here.

Here's the first: Improvisational worship

Rich Swingle said...

Oh WOW.

Rich Swingle said...

This is God...

Rich Swingle said...

Three hours

Rich Swingle said...

Awoken

Rich Swingle said...

Short night

Rich Swingle said...

Spilling Over

Rich Swingle said...

My own personal revival

Rich Swingle said...

Enacted Prayer request being answered!

Rich Swingle said...

I'm teaching enacted prayer tonight

Rich Swingle said...

Bring your gift

Rich Swingle said...

Baby Charlotte

Rich Swingle said...

This enacted prayer is directed by Jeff Barker, who invented the form: Praise for Bill's rescue from fire.

Rich Swingle said...

This enacted prayer warm-up is led by Jeff Barker: spiritual warm-up.

Rich Swingle said...

Jeff Barker shares how his troupe invented this prayer form: the birth of enacted prayer.

Anonymous said...

This comment was originally posted September 27, 2005.

Hey Rich! This is Esther from Territorial!

Just wanted to let you know that last Thursday, at a youth service at my church, I had the opportunity to lead an Enacted prayer. It was really amazing! I wasn't sure how the youth would respond to it, but God was definitely present, and we lifted up a beautiful prayer to Him!

Everyone who was a part of the prayer, and all those who were watching it, were deeply impacted! God is good!

Rich Swingle said...

Here's an enacted prayer we did at Morrison Academy in Taichung, Taiwan: click here.