Evacuees and Peter Cooper

Before I left for Nice, I had the opportunity to minister to victims of Hurricane Katrina while I was in Denver. My performance at And Beyond Theatre was followed by their company's Movement Prayer entitled, "Intercession." The work, pictured here, was a beautiful prayer for the people of New Orleans and many other cities, which they named in the piece. The event was to raise funds for the Salvation Army, which is working with about 1500 evacuees being housed at Denver's Lowry Air Force Base.

Between Denver and Nice I was hired to do the voice of Peter Cooper for a documentary. Cooper was an inventor, business man, philanthropist, and founder of Cooper Union, the first free school in America. Next Thursday the documentary will debut as a part of A Celebration of the World of Peter Cooper: Social Justice and Entrepreneurship in 19th century New York at The Great Hall of Cooper Union. There's no charge for the 7pm event.

2 comments:

Esther Atkins said...

Hey Rich! This is Esther from Territorial!

Just wanted to let you know that last Thursday, at a youth service at my church, I had the opportunity to lead an Enacted prayer. It was really amazing! I wasn't sure how the youth would respond to it, but God was definitely present, and we lifted up a beautiful prayer to Him!

Everyone who was a part of the prayer, and all those who were watching it, were deeply impacted! God is good!

Rich Swingle said...

Esther, that's WONDERFUL!
Rich